Windjammer Landing, Saint Lucia: Beyond the Beach
Posted on June 19, 2014
(St. Lucia – February 10, 2014) It’s understood that Saint Lucia offers some of the most pristine beaches in the Caribbean and Windjammer Landing’s 1,500 slice of beachfront nirvana is often sought out as an escape from it all. But beyond the pristine beaches a treasure-trove of local artisans await. Guests who are interested in learning more about these artisans can start by visiting the resort’s lobby. Every Thursday a mini art event is on tap as local artists exhibit their work with representatives in tow to answer questions or make a sale. Guests can view local works of art on display in the lobby and in-and-around the resort. Of course, guests can coordinate with their assigned resort ambassador who can assist with private appointments at various artist studios on island. Below are a few local artists we recommend but there are many more to discover:
• Pink Plantation: Home to artist Michelle Elliot whose work is described as native and whimsical cannot be missed as the brightly colored, lively prints are a easily recognized.
• Llewellyn Xavier – is internationally recognized and known for his extraordinary oil paintings and watercolours with exhibitions around the word to include The Victoria and Albert Museum London, The Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge England, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York, The Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C., The Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto and many others throughout the world.
• Caribe Batik - Is inspired by ancient Indonesian techniques with a Saint Lucian twist - hand painted fabric painting called Batik. Visit Romney Manor for a variety of artists who paint “live” daily and of course articles are for sale.
Beyond the Beach, a four-night package is offered at a 25% savings and is bookable from May 1– August 31, 2014 and is priced for two at $2,849 USD ($712.25 per night) in a one-bedroom villa with pool or Hibiscus with Jacuzzi and for stays between October 1 – December 20, 2014 this package is priced at $2,244( $561 per night) in a one-bedroom villa. Additionally, guests are invited to the resort’s signature Manager’s cocktail party where limbo contests, fire-eating performers and plenty of dancing make for a memorable Tuesday evening. This vacation package is offered on the premium all-inclusive and provides the following:
• Unlimited a la carte dining and access to all 5 restaurants
• Unlimited drinks: including top shelf premium alcoholic beverages (3 bars on property + 96 Degrees a beachside cocktail bar)
• Unlimited water sports to include motorized
• Resort wide complimentary WiFi
• $200 credit for Spa or Jammin Tours
• Rates are subject to a 10% service charge and 10% VAT.
For reservations call toll free 877-522-0722 from Canada or 0808.101.7261 from the UK. Visit our website, follow us on Facebook or send a Tweet.
A picturesque hillside, off-the-beaten path resort, Windjammer Landing Villa Resort offers a plethora of activities, and a welcoming vibe. The tranquil waters of Labrelotte Bay, located on the north coast of Saint Lucia, is far removed from the '‘cruise crowds'’ making this 1,000 sq.-ft. porcelain-white beachfront a slice of heaven. A bevy of non-motorized sporting activities, six swimming pools, a beachfront Jacuzzi, five restaurants, three bars, a mini-market, and several boutiques deliver a vibrant energy. More you say? For teens, tots and in-betweens – activities such as beach pizza parties, coconut bowling, water polo, darts, beach-cricket, Caribbean dance classes and island-styled activities: crab races, lizard hunts and sea shell discovery games are all part of the fun. Exhausted yet? No worries, cold towels delivered beachside offer a quick cool down.